M.A.R.R.E (Missouri Association of Reading Recovery Educators) organization’s goal is to support administrators and literacy educators across the state of Missouri. MARRE hosts an annual literacy conference that strives to meet the professional development needs of our educators. MARRE is affiliated with the Reading Recovery training site at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. MARRE’s board of directors collaborates and plans our conference sessions under the direction and support of our Reading Recovery Trainers, Dr. Linda Dorn and Dr. Janet Behrend.
- President, Cindy Owens PhD, Reading Recovery Teacher Leader, Nixa Public Schools
- President-elect, Karen Thom, Reading Recovery Teacher Leader, Jefferson City Public Schools
- Vice-president, Kayla Lewis PhD, Graduate Literacy Program Coordinator, Missouri State University
- Treasurer, Linda Fugate, Reading Recovery Teacher Leader, Ozark School District
- Secretary, Melinda McDill, Reading Recovery Teacher Leader, Parkway School District
- Past President, Julie Schaefer PhD, Curriculum Coordinator, Jefferson City Public Schools